Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

reprappro mendel help please

Posted by ben1272 
reprappro mendel help please
February 08, 2013 08:18PM
Newbie here with first reprap printer. Its a Reprappro Mendel with Melzi hardware and I seem to have messed something up. I had pronterface running and connecting to the printer and was able to move all the axes except the extruder. I removed power and checked extruder motor connections and have not been able to get my PC to see the printer since. It comes up as an unknown device now and doesnt load any drivers. I have tried re-installing the FTDI device drivers which claim to have installed properly, but no soap. Do I need to burn the firmware onto the Melzi anew?

My device manager says that Windows has stopped the device because it reported problems (code 43).

Any help? I would really appreciate it. I felt like I was so close to printing too!

-Ben
Re: reprappro mendel help please
February 08, 2013 08:27PM
Some firmware won't run the extruder if the hotend is cold to prevent damage.

As for why it won't connect now? Could be many things. Have you restarted your computer? Tried a different USB port? Mine reinstalls drivers and creates a different com port if plugged into a different USB port.
February 08, 2013 08:43PM
I have tried re-starting the computer (shutdown and then restarted) and have also tried other USB ports. There are a couple more on the back of my PC that I have not tried yet.

The PC is not even acknowledging that I have plugged/unplugged a USB device (no audible ba-dunk tone)

I wish I new what I did to it.
February 08, 2013 09:13PM
weird...it just started working again. Must be something loose somewhere. I did shutdown and restart again only disconnected all of my USB devices first and reconnected then after it was booted (including keyboard and mouse).

Thanks for the reply though!

-ben
February 15, 2013 03:59PM
Hello,
Unless you turn off the power supply to your pc the usb port remains initiated.If you turn the power off then the pc can free and realocate the usb ports.
trustytrev.
February 15, 2013 05:08PM
"Unless you turn off the power supply to your pc the usb port remains initiated.If you turn the power off then the pc can free and realocate the usb ports. "

This ^^^ should be in the wiki, if it isn't already. Too many people don't realize...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login