Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Trying to find the most up-to-date BOM MendelMax 1.5

Posted by Zangetsu57 
Trying to find the most up-to-date BOM MendelMax 1.5
February 09, 2013 12:26PM
Hey folks,

I'm a RepRap and 3D printer newbie, but have been doing lots of research before I purchase my first 3d printer. I've decided on the MendelMax 1.5 platform for the large build volume capability, structural rigidity, and ease of assembly. I've considered going the kit-route, but would like to see how much a unit would cost if I do a bit more legwork to source the parts myself. That said, I've come across several BOMs, but before I start pulling the trigger on parts, I'd really appreciate it if someone would give it a quick look.

The BOM that I've found most useful is the following on KitBOM. It is nice because there are suggested vendors with links for pretty much everything:
[kitbom.com]

Another is here:
[docs.google.com]

Can anyone provide a bit of guidance?

Thanks!
Re: Trying to find the most up-to-date BOM MendelMax 1.5
February 09, 2013 01:52PM
I'm in a the same boat as you. Actually, a slightly different boat - I'm waivering between MendelMax 1.5 and 2.0.

At anyrate, I think the Google BOM you link to is more 'official' than the kitBOM BOM.
ybm
Re: Trying to find the most up-to-date BOM MendelMax 1.5
February 15, 2013 04:16PM
hi,

I build mine from different bom, and for some part like the Y axis, i did use Igus bearing, so, I have to design some parts that I print. Fortunately, I have a printer to do that.
The BOM help you start, then you take your own way if you can.
Anyway, both bom you mention will make a working machine.
The common things for all mendelmax are the extrusion with t-nuts and 10 mm M5. After you choose what you want, Thinginverse is full of things for this machine.

Hope it help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login