Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hello everyone!

Posted by SpreadTheGood 
Hello everyone!
July 22, 2013 10:37AM
Hello everyone , i've been reading reprap.org and browsingdi the forums since the first week i discovered 3D Printing and i finally took the step to order a Kit from MakerFarm (Prusa i3 8").Ill be waiting for it to arrive in the next weeks or two as im from Bulgaria and im already impatient (even though i ordered hours ago grinning smiley).Im posting this as a request to give me any begginner tips as i've never been to electronics or mechanics and i dont know a thing about it (But will probably start educating my self as soon as i get the machine and start building itsmiling smiley) I will have the help of my uncle who is a engineer (pretty good one at that) so yea - If there are any tips and special preparations you can suggest so i can get my new printer to work as soon as possible and with good results feel free to post here :-)

Thanks everyone in advance and have a good day / week smiling smiley
Re: Hello everyone!
July 23, 2013 02:57AM
QUOTE .."As soon as possible"?
Some guys rush the build of their printer and then regret it later. Take your time- you will learn a lot more and will more likely achieve a successful build! smileys with beer

July 24, 2013 06:46PM
waitaki Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> QUOTE .."As soon as possible"?
> Some guys rush the build of their printer and then
> regret it later. Take your time- you will
> learn a lot more and will more likely achieve a
> successful build! smileys with beer

I agree learn as much as you can while your building, it will make it much more enjoyable and when (and I mean when) things go wrong you will have a better understanding on what the problem could be.
July 24, 2013 08:34PM
MakerFarm (Prusa i3 8")

Nice choice...I built one a couple of months ago. It's a very complete kit and pretty easy to assemble. Like other have said, take your time and you'll be fine.

While you are waiting for your kit, watch every one of the instruction videos a couple of times. Also, make sure you have all of the tools and supplies you'll need for the build on hand.

Also, during the build, don't hesitate to e-mail Colin at Makerfarm if you have any questions...he responds very quickly and does a great job getting you sorted out.

Best of luck with your build and let us know how it goes smiling smiley
August 04, 2013 01:17AM
Here is a tip, don't force metal into the plastic parts, you can split them. Instead file them out a little bit first if they are not fitting right. If you break a plastic part, just super glue and clamp it, then try again the next day. Bearings and bearing holders can do this sometimes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login