Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Largest part on prusa Mendel

Posted by injection1337 
Largest part on prusa Mendel
July 25, 2013 02:29PM
Hey guys,

I want to print the prusa Mendel i2 on my repstrap, but to make it easier I'd like to reduce the size of my print bed; I currently have a problem with levelling which will be reduced if I make the glass smaller. So what it the largest part?

Regards!

~InjectioN
Re: Largest part on prusa Mendel
July 26, 2013 06:59AM
Any reason for choosing the i2 over the newer i3? The build process is relatively simple for both (there's even an online 3d build guide for the i3 now). From what I've read, the i2 has very similar parts to the i3, and on my i3 the largest part is the X-Axis attachment, looking at pictures of the i2, it looks about the same sort of size.

What's the build area on your repstrap? As long as its 10cm square you should be fine if you dont mind printing some of the pieces one at a time.

Alternatively you could contact some of the folks on emakershop about maybe just buying the largest parts printed by them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2013 07:00AM by RickM.
July 26, 2013 07:10AM
The largest (in the X-Y plane) piece is the x-carriage.
It requires 90.58mm x 86.32mm so if you have 100mm x 100mm then you have a large safety margin.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
July 29, 2013 05:07AM
2 things to help your bed leveling.

use 1/8 inch thick glass for stiffness, and use 4 springs (the same kind as in your extruder) as spacers to hold up your heat bed. You can dial in a super level bed in 10 minutes or less, then still have the large build space of a standard i2.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login