Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Line-distance to wide (starting from second layer)

Posted by BigMan200 
Line-distance to wide (starting from second layer)
October 14, 2012 06:22AM
Hi,

if I look on my very first layer, the lines are pretty flat and adjacent lines are nicely melting into each other, which makes a very nice surface after peeling the print-out off the Kapton tap. The main reason for this good surface-result is the very, very narrow distance between the hot-end and the printing-bed.

But I am still struggling with 2nd, 3rd, etc. layers, which look like that:

Picture

I am not sure, which Skeinforge parameter I should now adjust:

• Carve --> Edge Width over Heigt (ratio): It seems I am too stupid, but even after reading the Seinforge help several time, I do not understand what edge is meant here?
  • Craft --> Speed -> Flow Rate Setting: I assume, this is the speed the filament move into the extruder. Increasing this speed by result, that the plastic under the hot-end't tip will be squeeze to the left and right. This may close the gaps between my lines.

Any recommendations, hints?

Thanks & Cheers
Re: Line-distance to wide (starting from second layer)
October 17, 2012 10:25AM
Not into Carve or Speed, but into Inset you must decrease Infill Width over Thickness to get a wider filament.

With help of Calibration wiki page you can calibrate the infill, not as said with Infill Width over Thickness (for older Skeinforge) but Infill Width over Thickness (Skeinforge 50).

For this test you set Infill solidity to 1.0 into Fill plugin.

François
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login