Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sfact alterations

Posted by Etherflash 
Sfact alterations
October 24, 2012 04:55PM
I found in the documentation of sfact/skeinforge that you can use settings in your alterations: first of all there is only one example for the bed temperature.
and when I tried to use that in my start.gcode it does not replace it. it comes out as I entered it:
M140 S setting.chamber.BedTemperature
M104 S settings.temperature.BaseTemperature
G28
M190 S setting.chamber.BedTemperature
M109 S settings.temperature.BaseTemperature
G90
G21
G92 E0
(Edit: around the settings are those < brakets which are removed for some weird reason by this forum)
(yes the checkbox for Replace Variable with Setting is checked)

my second problem the code generated by sfact is partly redundant with mine.

the reason for my alteration of the start.gcode is that I find it very inefficiant(time consuming) waiting for the bed to heat up and than turn the heat for the nozzle on and wait again.
So if there is a fix for that, other than setting the temperature in printrun before starting the print or editing the gcode manually every time I would be happy to accept those selutions. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2012 08:49AM by Etherflash.
Re: Sfact alterations
October 25, 2012 05:03AM
if you dont want to have any tempertature commands at the start of the file just go into chamber and uncheck either the whole plugin or the individual settings.
also disable temperature plugin. Then its all manual..

Manufacturer of low tolerance Filaments PLA, ABS, ASA, PETG, TPU, PA, PVA,
[www.miafilament.com]
[github.com]
Re: Sfact alterations
October 25, 2012 08:56AM
I know I can turn the temperature control off. but thats not what I want (cause I really like the gradual change of temperature for the bed while moving up the layers). I just want that the beginning and the end is written by me. So the first lines of gcode after the start.gcode should be the command move to first position of print.
start.gcode
G1...

I just noted while writing this that for some weird reason something written in those brakets: < is removed by the forum. I removed those brakets from my first post.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login