Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Y axis skips

Posted by Flyer2 
Y axis skips
December 01, 2012 03:27PM
I'm having issues with my y axis skipping steps. It runs fine and will suddenly have a fast movement that causes it to skip. I'm not running super fast speeds- my feed rate and travel are at 50. I've slowed the feed rate down as much as 40% with the manual control and get the same results.
Besides the obvious setting the feed rate to a much lower number is there a setting of some sort to slow down the jerking or acceleration? I've seen the jerk setting but am not sure if that's the setting I need to try.
I do have a larger print bed- 11.5" x 11.5" x .125 aluminum. With the heat bed and glass it is probably on the heavy side but I recently switched from bronze bushings to makerslide to try to fix the problem. And as a final note I tried adding a 2nd stepper motor to the Y axis today with no luck.
Thanks
Re: Y axis skips
December 01, 2012 04:34PM
Reducing jerk and acceleration in the firmware may solve your problem. Skeinforge has no control over that.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Re: Y axis skips
December 02, 2012 11:06AM
That'd what i thought. Put. the heat bed on a diet last night and its working better but still have to remove some mass. I would think the problem would be prevalent throughout the print but it seems more so during the first layers.
Thanks for the reply.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login