Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Skeinforge G-code resolution

Posted by Greenbean 
Skeinforge G-code resolution
April 26, 2011 10:48AM
Good morning, hope all is well- i'm a new user of Skeinforge, awesome!
I've been spending a lot of time trolling the boards and even digging through the source code, hope not to trouble you but I was wondering if you might know offhand how to...

I'm hoping to print some micro sized objects but the g-code generated by Skeinforge appears to output to two decimal places:
ie. X: 1.00, Y: 1.00, Z: 1.00 (which limits the small size of my objects)
However, my CAD coordinates output to four decimals (X:1.0000, etc) in the .stl or .obj file.

I'm hoping to increase the output resolution of the g-code to match the four decimal output of the cad file- any thoughts on how to maybe approach this?
Any help is most appreciated!
Re: Skeinforge G-code resolution
April 26, 2011 12:30PM
I don't know the answer but I'm wondering what kind of printer you have that has 1 um resolution.
April 26, 2011 03:47PM
Hi there,
I've pieced together a number of linear actuators and each axis is servo controlled.
They have a 2000 count encoder so, theoretically, each step should be 1 micron.
More realistically, i'm looking at 5-10 um per step... (higher resolution g-code is desirable though).
I was hoping that the solution may be a simple as a setting somewhere... One might hope!
April 27, 2011 08:58AM
The new version of Skeinforge addresses the decimal issue- thanks!
April 27, 2011 09:20AM
Dang, spoke too soon... Hmmm, the penultimate g-code has 4 decimals but the exported g-code only has 2...
April 28, 2011 03:44AM
Hello GB,

Some of the later versions of SF screwed this up, I went back to a version 10.11.05 and its ok.

Two places is enough though IMHO.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Paul
April 28, 2011 08:25AM
Thanks for the help, Paul.
The newest version of SF actually fixes this issue (as I'm new to the software, I didn't know if it was me or if it was the program). Works great now...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login