Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Request for Sanguinololu debug suggestions

Posted by RobertB 
Request for Sanguinololu debug suggestions
December 06, 2011 09:24PM
I am trying to bring my newly built Prusa to life. Everything is wired up except for the heatbed, heatbed thermistor, and the hot end. I am able to load code using usbtiny (via avrdude). However, when using the Arduino IDE to attempt to download Sprinter over USB, it says "programmer is not responding".

If I load Sprinter using usbtiny, then upon firing up pronterface and clicking "Connect", it just hangs forever.

I am using 57600 baud in both Configuration.h and in pronterface.

With Sprinter loaded, there is no activity from the printer except a faint, high-pitched whine coming from the X, Y, and E steppers, but only while the reset button is pressed. With the bootloader loaded, this same noise happens all the time.

I am thinking that my next step should be to hack up some code to try to send diagnostic messages out the serial port...but I'd sure appreciate any other ideas.
Re: Request for Sanguinololu debug suggestions
December 07, 2011 04:20PM
Update: it was the fuses. The processor was running in the default mode of 1mhz, not 16. There does not seem to be any mention of fuses on the Sanguinololu page. Using a scope, I saw that the bit period on TX was way too long, and eventually some googling led to the topic of fuses.

Now it's on to why does X move in only 1 direction, and why are the endstops being ignored?
December 08, 2011 03:38AM
Apparently your endstops either don't work or are misconfigured. Non-working endstops prohibit moving in both directions.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

December 08, 2011 10:29PM
Turns out that was fuses, too. Namely, JTAGEN.

I'll see if I can edit the wiki to add something about fuses.
astrolabb
September 04, 2012 01:08PM
i have the same problem : X move in only 1 direction and endstops ignored

have you found a solution ?

thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login