Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

help me wire my steppers correct

Posted by Enlightx 
help me wire my steppers correct
May 14, 2012 01:28PM
hi guys

been having various calibaration problems which iv been talking with people int he printing forums about but run into another problem which i need to get sorted 1st.

basically motors are not wired correctly and giving me mirrored / upside down prints.

i had a look the weekend and chagned the wiring and thought all was okay and reflashed with non inverted selected in the firmware

i did have them wired as per the reprap.org wiki but noticed afterwards they were for the B model and thought this might be why im having mirrored problem.

can some one just tell me how i should be wiring the motors and also what i should have set in firm ware for X,Y,Z,E in regards to inverting.t

cable colors are Red, Green, Blue, Black

motors are from zapp automation model SY42STH47-1684A
Re: help me wire my steppers correct
May 15, 2012 06:51AM

basically motors are not wired correctly and giving me mirrored / upside down prints.

If your motors turn at all, they're wired correctly. Only exception from this rule are motors with 6 or 8 wires.

can some one just tell me how i should be wiring the motors and also what i should have set in firm ware for X,Y,Z,E in regards to inverting.

If your motors turn the wrong way, you have two choices:

- Rewire them by swapping the two pins of one coil. If you look at your connector and name the pins ABCD, it should be ABDC afterwards.

- Tell the firmware to invert direction. If it was inverted already, remove invertion. In Teacup, this is X_INVERT_DIR, Y_INVERT_DIR, etc. in config.h. Other firmwares have similar flags.

If you tried the latter and it didn't work, something went wrong with firmware compilation/uploading. Make sure this process works by changing something, for example steps per mm, to the wrong and see wether this wrong part results in different printer behaviour. After that, you revert that change, of course.

Do all the steps for each motor individually.

Oh, and ignore wire colors, they're unreliable. See [reprap.org]

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login