Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with initial install

Posted by acertain 
Help with initial install
January 27, 2013 10:05PM
Hello reprappers!

I just finished building my Mendel Prusa and I'm having trouble getting it connected to my Windows 7 computer. I think I've successfully installed the Arduino drivers with the Sanguino additions, but when I fire up the RepRap host software and try to move the motors, nothing happens (and it reports a 0.0-degree bed temp). I can't figure out how to troubleshoot from here. The electronics are Sanguino 1.3a with the Sprinter firmware loaded, but I can't even figure out if communication was working. I didn't want to run the Arduino blink example as I assume that would overwrite the firmware that's there. I did calibrate my stepper-motor drivers according to the instructions, though I erred a little on the low side, as I had two multimeters that disagreed at that low voltage level (they agreed on the 12v source). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Andrew
Re: Help with initial install
January 28, 2013 12:34AM
I downloaded ReplicatorG and was able to get the stepper motors to at least do something. I could click on the arrows and get most of the motors to move, but then after a while I just got noises (that would continue even when I stopped clicking). Also, one of the z motors would turn the screw, but the other one would just vibrate back-and-forth. I'll pick it up again when I can, but if anybody has pointers, I would love to see them.

Thanks.

Andrew
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login