Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

baffling endstop issues - newb

Posted by Ej 
Ej
baffling endstop issues - newb
July 13, 2012 10:46AM
Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting my end stops to work. I suspect it's something I'm over looking.

My setup: Prusa Mendel, sanguinololu with stepsticks, atx power supply, sprinter firmware, mechanical endstops.

When I run Pronterface, I can move all axis both direction, but nothing seems to happen when the endstops are triggered. When I set the ENDSTOP_INVERT to true, then each axis only moves in the positve direction and still nothing changes when the endstops are triggered. Same when I disable the ENDSTOPPULLUPS.

When I change set min_software_endstops to true, it get the movement on the positive side of the location at power-up, as expected, but still no action from triggered endstops.

With my meter I've tested continuity to the atmega pins and all is sound. I've measured 5v across the wires to each endstop with they are manually triggered.

What am I missing? and thanks.
Re: baffling endstop issues - newb
July 13, 2012 11:26AM
Use M119 to read the status. It should be L when the switch is closed and go to H when it is triggered. If the voltage goes from 0 to 5V when triggered and the M119 report does not change then the pin allocation must be wrong, or the ATMEGA faulty.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Ej
July 17, 2012 04:31PM
frustrating.

i replaced the ATmega644p (twice) and still have the same problems. the endstops are having no affect. m119 report doesn't change if when the endstops are manually triggered, although my meter reads 5V across the switch leads when i manully close them. i have tested and found good continuity from the signal side of the endstop switch to the cooresponding pin on the ATmega (according to the pin.h file in the firmware). i also reloaded the fireware with a fresh download.

anymore suggestions? ...please?
July 17, 2012 04:58PM
Assuming they read 0 when they are not pressed, my guess would be wrong pin definition in the firmware. Note Arduino pin numbers are confusing because they are not physical pin numbers. They are digital pins 18, 19 and 20 on Sanguinololu.

Ej
July 17, 2012 05:49PM
yes, i did realize that at one point, it was bit confusing. it is indeed the digital 18, 19, 20 that are not working as expected (include the D21 in that list too, but i put that on another post).

after i ran some wire jumpers to some unused digital pins and a changed pin.h to reflect this, i got good results. a temporary. fix.

any idea why there's a problem with these pins, on 3 atmegas? i thinking it must be somewhere in the software files but don't knw where to look. ideas would help.

anyone else run into this?
July 17, 2012 07:29PM
Have you measure the voltage on the ATMEGA pin itself. The most likely problem is a board fault.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login