Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X-motor troubles.... (pololu stepper. marlin v1, 1.3a board, 1284p chip)

Posted by yacob_uk 
X-motor troubles.... (pololu stepper. marlin v1, 1.3a board, 1284p chip)
April 09, 2013 05:58AM
I wonder if anyone can shed some light on my (latest) issue.

Y, Z and E are all fine. They go home, they travel CW and CCW when asked. They do appear to be behaving as if they have a short max-min distance, but I've not set any step sizes etc, so I guess thats not too suprising.

X on the other hand is being weird.

Clicking home in Repetier Host makes it move towards the end stop about 3 mm. sending it + or - generally does nothing. Ocassionally it moves a few mm but I don't know what causes it to free suddenly. Its also ignoring the endstop (if I manually press it and press home it still moves about 3mm).

I've switched stepper drivers, and swapped the X & Y motors and see the same behaviour, so I think its firmware related.

What else can I check? Any suggestions for fixes?
VDX
Re: X-motor troubles.... (pololu stepper. marlin v1, 1.3a board, 1284p chip)
April 09, 2013 06:22AM
... check pin assignment, PULL-UP/-DOWN settings and proper wiring and grounding ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Re: X-motor troubles.... (pololu stepper. marlin v1, 1.3a board, 1284p chip)
April 09, 2013 06:32AM
Its a fresh install of marlin v1.0.0 (according in the data dump on connx to the printer software).

The whole assembly was working (with a 644p chip) until the blue smoke monster and my chubby fingers got involved, I bought a new board, and steppers and installed them today.

This means, I hope that the starting point is pretty clean. I've set the board type, and flipped the endstop location on Z, and reversed Z direction. Other than that, its "as is" off the firmware press...

So to address your questions - I've set the current on the stepper driver, I can only assume this means the stepper driver is working. Also, the motor works OK when hooked to another channel, and the stepper driver works OK when placed on another channel. This leaves the board hardware and firmware.

"check pin assignment" - which pins, and what would be the reference?

"PULL-UP/-DOWN settings" - I'm assuming they are the same as Y, so if this assumption is correct, I will go back and check in config.h.

"proper wiring and grounding" - I'll have a good look around, but I'm reluctant to get too involved without knowing what I'm looking for... thats how the blue smoke monster got involved...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login