Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Uploading to sanguino

Posted by Austin Walter 
Uploading to sanguino
July 24, 2011 10:25PM
Hi, I'm having an issue with uploading firmware to my sanguino. The setup I have is a sanguino connected to the computer through a FTDI UM232R. I originally got a successful upload on using the 5D_Gcode that I believe is the standard firmware. However, I think that since I am using pololu drivers the tests with the reprap software weren't working. So, I tried to use the sprinter firmware that is recommended for the Sanguinololu which is very similar to my setup. I got it to compile, however now I can't seem to get it to upload. I tried to go back and reload the old firmware but now it wasn't uploading either. I have the sanguino board information setup, and I am connected through the COM4 port. The exact error that I am getting is

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

Which I've looked up before and can apparently mean anything can be wrong. If anybody has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime I will be double checking my wire connections.

Ok, so I fixed that problem, realized I wasn't holding down restart long enough.

Austin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2011 12:49AM by Austin Walter.
Re: Uploading to sanguino
July 25, 2011 12:52AM
I do have another question though. Now that I have tested the hardware and uploaded the sprinter firmware I am trying to figure out how to get the sanguino to talk to the reprap printing software, nudge it etc. I'm sure there is something about this out there already but I haven't been able to find it.

Austin
July 25, 2011 01:43AM
You will need to install Klimet's Printrun - [github.com]
Use PRONTERFACE.py

Follow install instructions based on OS. Will need Skeinforge installed as well [fabmetheus.crsndoo.com]

I just had all five stepper motors working with 2 thermistors on the Sanguinololu 1.2. So I am a newbie.
October 08, 2011 03:25AM
how long do you need to hold it down? I can't get mine to upload with the same error

October 10, 2011 08:50AM
Hold it down for 10 sec, counting slowly. The reset button trick doesn't always work, and is not consistent at all (as in it works sometimes and some people will never get it to work). That error also presents when you have the wiring wrong from the programmer to the ISP headers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login