Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sanguinololu Hot end problem!!

Posted by bigalscot 
Sanguinololu Hot end problem!!
August 27, 2011 11:47AM
Hi guys firstly what a great site! It has helped me endlessly my Prusa Mendel build. I have a problem and wonder if you guys can help me out?

I have got to the stage where i have built Prusa and electronics, the X Y Z and extruder move perfectly but i cannot get my hot end to heat up. Can someone please help me out or give me advice to fix this problem? I will give detail of what i have and what I’ve done.

Firstly have a Sanguinololu 1.1 that i converted to a 1.2 and have uploaded the latest version of sprinter to the ATmega. I hooked up a techzone tip that uses Nichrome wire to the 0v-12 pwr/tip of the Sanguinololu. The tip itself heats up when i connect it directly to a 5v psu. Also instead of the TC that comes with the tip i am using a 100k thermistor and that is connect directly to the E-therm connector of the Sanguinololu. When i open RepSnapper or Printrun i turn the heater on but nothing happens ant the thermistor feedsback a 0. I check the output voltage of the 0v-12 pwr/tip connector and i am getting 0v. Have i screwed something up during the build of the Sanguinololu or is there something in the firmware stopping the power going out of the 0v-12 pwr/tip connector?

I have been on this for days now and i may have missed something fundamental?

Any help would be much appreciated >grinning smiley<

Al
Re: Sanguinololu Hot end problem!!
August 28, 2011 03:34PM
You will get a much faster reply if you join the conversation in the RepRap IRC [reprap.org]

Charles Gantt.
Build blog [themakersworkbench.com] <---- my personal site
Build worklong [www.thebestcasescenario.com]
August 28, 2011 06:01PM
Thanks SCphotog,

I'm talking to the guys now

Al
August 28, 2011 07:35PM
No problem. I stayed away from the IRC for years and once I joined things were so much easier.

Charles Gantt.
Build blog [themakersworkbench.com] <---- my personal site
Build worklong [www.thebestcasescenario.com]
August 29, 2011 04:29AM
In case someone reads this and has a similar problem, found out what was wrong. I had the capacitors c9 and c10 the wrong way around, this stopped the 100k thermistor from working which in turn stopped the hot end heating up. I was informed the software has "safety" code which stops the tip heating if there is an issue.

Thanks for everything guys

Regards
Al
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login