Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What kind of motor is this?

Posted by haha2k 
What kind of motor is this?
February 16, 2013 04:47PM
Can anyone please tell me what kind of motor setup in the photo attached? and perhaps also pointers on how to control it? It from automotive application. Thank you in advance for you help.
Attachments:
open | download - motor.jpg (84.6 KB)
VDX
Re: What kind of motor is this?
February 16, 2013 05:02PM
... it's a simple DC motor, driven with 12V ... most common in cars ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
February 16, 2013 05:32PM
thanks for the quick answer. there are four wires go into the control and position is recognized, this is a motor that controls the air distribution (switch between footwell, windshield and etc...). could this be a servo hybrid? please forgive my ignorance on the hardware as I am a pure software guy still learning.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2013 05:33PM by haha2k.
VDX
February 16, 2013 06:09PM
... the motor turns a coded switch, that is decoded by the electronic, that controls the motor ... so yes, it's a sort of coarse servo grinning smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
February 16, 2013 06:24PM
thanks again...I think I got it. It is servo ish setup given that the potentiometer like switch tells where the position is and it is up to the micro controller to tell the motor when to move forward, backward and stop. In an essence I will have to makeup the real servo part smiling smiley they don't make it easy, do they....?!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login