Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out MOAR stepper motor experiments

Posted by redreprap 
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out MOAR stepper motor experiments
March 13, 2013 12:20AM
... imagine i am a kid playing with LEGO the first time ... and stepper motors just become my new bricks !
[3roomlabs.blogspot.sg]

pls turn down your volume when watching the vids. the high frequency parts can be very annoying spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Re: spinning smiley sticking its tongue out MOAR stepper motor experiments
April 02, 2013 09:59PM
hmm so is there like a way to calculate what values we should have based on the specs of the motors? ive been doing some research on different motors after buying a few different types, the first were sanyo denki they are above average in speed and torque id say, then i got some huge nema 23 24kgcm motors and found that i could only step them at less than 60 rpms, then i got some nema 17s that were the same torque rating as the sanyos but they could only do 60rpm too. so ive been researching and it turns out the inductance values on both motors were very high and that means they can only step very slowly. so another tip when deciding on your motors is to look for low inductance, the lower the better, for speed at least. but man that 24kg nema 23 was beastly haha i couldnt even make it skip steps under 60rpms.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login