Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Angled Keyboard Stand

Posted by Garry Bartsch 
Angled Keyboard Stand
April 01, 2014 08:43PM
I made this angled stand for my computer keyboard and X-Keys Strip. The two ends are natural PLA printed on a Mendel90 and they are joined together by a dowel (friction fit). To keep the keyboard from sliding on the holder, and to keep the holder from sliding on the desktop, we smeared a thin layer of clear silicone caulk onto the surfaces that touch the bottom of the keyboard and the counter top (the silicone is why some edges look rough). The keyboard is now at a steep angle and it is easier for me to type on (I have a disability and type with two plastic sticks with rubber ends which are fixed into splints I wear on my wrists).

A2
Re: Angled Keyboard Stand
April 01, 2014 09:29PM
Looks cool thumbs up
June 01, 2014 03:38PM
What's that nice Botton-Toolbar at the bottom of the keyboard. Is it built by yourself or bought?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2014 03:38PM by josa.
June 01, 2014 09:43PM
June 02, 2014 10:57AM
Thats realy expensive for some keys.
December 01, 2014 11:10PM
Nice job.. Looks like it really helps you out..Gotta give you credit on one other thing too..You do a heck of a job typing with a couple sticks attached to your wrists i have two fully functioning hands and still can't properly use the keyboard most of the time?.Keep coming up with new designs ..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login