Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stuff for my Drone DJI phantom Vision 2

Posted by kengineer 
Stuff for my Drone DJI phantom Vision 2
April 12, 2015 04:52PM
I am attaching two of the many projects that I have designed and printed for my DJI phantom vision 2 drone. one is a set of snap on stabilizers, kind of like training wheels to prevent landing tip-overs. I printed many before I got the concept done.

The other thing is a mount for a Trackimo GPS tracker so that if I have a flyaway, I can find my toy/tool/project.

[dji.com]

If anyone has been thinking about getting a drone, this could be a good time!

In addition to my love of machining and more recently becoming fascinated with 3D printing, I have another hobby of drones. Some people who casually follow the hobby may be interested in this.

DJI, the leader in this kind of toy just announced a new model. I think this is important to innovative people for two reasons, first the cost is lower than it has been, at about 1000.00 and the current versions are going on a fire sale.

The Phantom Vision 3 is the newest one, big camera, better at flying indoors and some other cool features.

I have a Phantom vision 2 and couldn't be happier with it, all the current models just got priced at close out prices.

If I had it to do over, I would still buy the vision 2, but the price of the vision 3 is so low, (I am thinking, introductory, going up soon) that for the added features it may be worth it. Mine would fly for miles at thousands of feet high (if that were legal) while filming, with no input after selecting up to 15 waypoints on a map.

If you are thinking of one take a look at the link. If anyone has questions about the vision 2 that I have, feel free to ask.

Ken's Disclaimer:

Drones will not take over the world, the images they collect will not steal your soul, the cameras are not that good, think Go Pro like, maybe better maybe worse. They will not fly into your house (that White house thing was a fluke) Sometimes when drones are mentioned, there are people who express fear or concern that a drone would damage them or their loved ones in some way, so before that starts, I wanted to say that drones are our friends, toys, tools, just another machine like a mill, bore scope or...

They could be used to film your home, your property, or other fun, but legal and safe things. For tinkerers, they provide a reasonable challenge to develop new things and understand current and future tech.

I was thinking that if am outside working, I could just fly the drone into the shop and view the 3D printer on the camera. Not really, but who knew we would be building machines and printing solid models?

Ken
Attachments:
open | download - trackimo mount.JPG (121.2 KB)
open | download - prong snapped on with outrigger outboard.JPG (119.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login