Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Kossel build, need help

Posted by Botanicus 
New Kossel build, need help
July 02, 2014 05:13PM
My wife and I are working on building a Kossel as our first 3d printer and we're having some problems, I was hoping you guys could help.

I ordered my parts from builda3dprinter.eu, and have it hooked up to a RAMPS controller with the LCD/SD front end from Gadgets3D.

I have it talking on Pronterface and can interact with it on the LCD, but I have a problem with my motors. They seem like sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. mostly, they like to stutter or not respond to a move command. the belt will vibrate, but the pulley wont move and as such the carriage wont move.

any recommendations? for the most part my Z motor behaves the best and will reliably lower, but wont raise. my X will sporadically work either direction and my Y will work if it feels like it... which isn't very often.

any help is much appreciated!
Thanks,
Re: New Kossel build, need help
July 02, 2014 05:34PM
Have you tuned your stepper drivers yet? Are you using your jumpers for microstepping?

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
July 02, 2014 07:10PM
That's the first I've heard of it, so I'll say no. How do I go about tuning the stepper drivers?
I also haven't added any jumpers yet.

Sorry for the lack of information, still trying to get off the ground....
July 02, 2014 10:23PM
Huzzah! Found my make and model, where the tuning screw was and set them all to .45V, working well now!

Now to figure out why my auto bed leveling is dancing off the plate. But that is a task for another day!
July 03, 2014 10:50AM
I am glad that worked. My drivers are not exactly tuned properly either. My motors sing very loudly. smiling smiley I have to tune those drivers at some point. I am still going through the build.

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login