Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Geared Nema will not turn

Posted by Replace 
Geared Nema will not turn
September 18, 2014 04:00AM
My Rostock Delta mini pro came with a mounted gearbox on the extruder motor.
Now, when testing, the motor will only give a smal hick and than is unmovable stuck.

When I push the emergency stop, it will turn free again.

So somewhere it crashes on start. Could it be the gearbox ? The motor ? Any advice ?
I think I will dismount the gear and try again......

www.3daybreaker.blogspot.com

Orca V4.4 rebuild to Ramps with Mk8 and E3D, as well as a Rostock Delta Mini and an OLO in backorder :-)
Re: Geared Nema will not turn
September 18, 2014 05:15AM
It happened to be the gear set.
I dismantled the gear, re assembled and after the 3rd mount attempt, it kept running.
Maybe some debris in a gear somewhere....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2014 05:30AM by Replace.

Orca V4.4 rebuild to Ramps with Mk8 and E3D, as well as a Rostock Delta Mini and an OLO in backorder :-)
September 18, 2014 05:41PM
If it turned without power, it was nothing inside the gearbox and the problem will likely return at some point.

It may be a wire problem, which you may have fixed while taking it off and putting it back on, or the wire shifted enough to make contact. Go back and check any splices you made. An inconsistent connection is hard on stepper drivers.
September 18, 2014 05:59PM
Well there is a difference: when turning free, the momentum comes from the outgoing axis, when powered, from the ingoing ....
Could that not have had a problem ?

September 18, 2014 08:59PM
Not likely.
September 25, 2014 05:46PM
I've got a similar problem with a 100:1 nema 17. The motor will turn without the gearbox but with it on it won't budge. I even opened up the gearbox to try and clean it out but that didn't help.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
September 26, 2014 04:24PM
Mine now is ok after disassemble en re assemble ....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login