Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ultibots 250VS Delta / Auto Level Calibration Z height too low

Posted by prjoe 
Ultibots 250VS Delta / Auto Level Calibration Z height too low
March 18, 2015 07:40PM
Hello all,

I'm New to this fascinating technology and for a first 3D printer I purchased the Ultibots Delta Kossel 250VS kit with FSR and Mag Rod arms. I hope someone can help on this. I think this should be fairly easy for someone with experience, but for me this is the first time in front of a 3D printer, let alone build one.
My issue is the following:

I have achieved FSR Auto Calibration with G30 A0.02 D288.07 successfully with less than 20 iterations a couple of times already, then M500 to save. The issue I cannot get over with is when the calibration is finished, I send the G codes for Center, X, Y, Z homes the Hot-End touches the Heat-bead. If I issue the command to another point, lets say from X to Y to Z and then Center It travels the complete path literally scraping the tape off the glass. I cannot successfully do the paper test. I tried a sample print but the first few layers as expected are a mess, the the remaining layers are acceptable.

I have also sent G-code M206 Z-0.XX to raise Z 0.XXmm after auto calibration, but after sending the head to top and sending XYZ homes it always end up touching the bed. I’ve done the calibration many times with same results.

Any suggestions / instructions will be appreciated.
Thanks in advanced.
Re: Ultibots 250VS Delta / Auto Level Calibration Z height too low
March 19, 2015 06:13PM
Take a look at the Cherry Pi thread I put a calibration guide together and attached it to post. If you follow it through it should get you printing. Page 13

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2015 06:15PM by AndyCart.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login