Looking for 2020 Kossel carriage roller design
May 17, 2015 04:49AM
Are there any designs out there for a 2020 Kossel carriage roller part, to replace the 1515 ones (see image below) that came with my Mini Kossel kit, and with the same fixing holes to mount the carriages on them?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].

Re: Looking for 2020 Kossel carriage roller design
May 17, 2015 05:04AM
How about 20x20 kossel openbeam carriages you may have to modify slightly depending on your wheels

or Kossel 800 20x20 parts

Doug

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2015 05:07AM by dougal1957.
May 17, 2015 05:32AM
Dave

I printed these out for my Motedis slot6 with Openbuilds wheels dont know if they will work for you but here is the files

Ahh won't let me attach it so you can get it at Slider system for Kossel 20x20
May 17, 2015 06:28AM
Thanks Doug, the 2020 kossel openbeam carriages design looks good, and I found a link to the openscad file for it. It is nicely parametric, so I was able to modiify the measurements to suit my extrusions and rollers.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 17, 2015 06:46AM
Dave

Good Oh

dc42
Thanks Doug, the 2020 kossel openbeam carriages design looks good, and I found a link to the openscad file for it. It is nicely parametric, so I was able to modiify the measurements to suit my extrusions and rollers.
June 12, 2015 10:07AM
Dave

Got the new Carriages from Robotdigg vast improvement

June 12, 2015 03:18PM
@op
the cherry pi carriges worked well for me. they are also a bit wider spaced.

@dougal
how are the metal brackets treating you? I saw them recently and thought that they were a really good idea. Im just a bit worried about screwing into the aluminium. seeing that the t-nut screws already leave marks are you worried about over tightening?
June 12, 2015 03:38PM
sungod3k
@op
the cherry pi carriges worked well for me. they are also a bit wider spaced.

@dougal
how are the metal brackets treating you? I saw them recently and thought that they were a really good idea. Im just a bit worried about screwing into the aluminium. seeing that the t-nut screws already leave marks are you worried about over tightening?

No not at all they are already Threaded so a little bit of thread lock (Or even a thin smear of Silicon sealer on the threads) and they hold very well or are you referring to marking the Anodising?

I have also got the matching Effector and corner bracket's and this makes for a very solid build only thing that can really affect it now is the accuracy of the Diagonal Rod Lengths.

I did the actual sliding parts myself and use 4 Openbuilds mini Vee Wheels (Same as the Cherry Pi ones) with the 2 to the right of the photo on eccentric spacers so the the backlash can be adjusted with a 10mm spanner (This is on Openbuilds V-Slot extrusion as well the wheels run much nicer in this than on the Bosch rexroth extrusion).

Doug
June 12, 2015 03:46PM
Sounds good, thanks for the feedback.

Openbuilds should offer a add on for the mounting plates that can be used for carriages and metal brackets.
June 13, 2015 03:57AM
sungod3k
Sounds good, thanks for the feedback.

Openbuilds should offer a add on for the mounting plates that can be used for carriages and metal brackets.

They do do various mounting plates for the stuff unfortunately none have the right hole pattern to mount the carriages to and I don't have access to a machine shop any more so didn't feel that I could drill them accurately enough hence I designed and printed some in ABS.

Doug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login