Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Arduino Firmware not uploading correctly HELP!

Posted by alvinaw11 
Arduino Firmware not uploading correctly HELP!
July 10, 2015 02:45PM
Hello everyone,

I am currently in process of updating my firmware for calibrating my extruder step.

The lines I'm editing are

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80, 80, 80, 100} // default steps per unit for Kossel (GT2, 20 tooth)

I am specifically editing the extruder step (100). However, no matter what number I input to edit and upload it does not actually go to the firmware. Any number I throw in there no matter how ridiculously low or high will not update the firmware on the actual board. It stays at 80. 80, 80, 100 and is what I get when I enter g code m503.

I am using the Folger Tech kossel setup.

Can anyone help answer why this is not sending? Everything else is fine such as the z_home and other commands in configuration.h

Thanks in advanced

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2015 02:45PM by alvinaw11.
Re: Arduino Firmware not uploading correctly HELP!
July 10, 2015 02:58PM
It's coming from EEPROM. Do an M502 to load compiled defaults (what you edited) and then M500 to write the new value to EEPROM.

Myself, I disabled EEPROM on mine until I had it close . . . too much fiddling and fighting it otherwise . . . IMHO . . .

- Tim
July 10, 2015 03:01PM
You are editing the configuration.h file and recompiling / uploading the firmware correct? And that appears to work?

Try entering an M502 to reload the firmware settings, followed by an M500 to save those settings to the EEPROM.
July 10, 2015 03:03PM
Kurzaa
You are editing the configuration.h file and recompiling / uploading the firmware correct? And that appears to work?

Try entering an M502 to reload the firmware settings, followed by an M500 to save those settings to the EEPROM.

Yeah I got it to work with the m92 e and m503 commands, however I cannot figure out why arduino will not cooperate.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2015 03:39PM by alvinaw11.
July 10, 2015 06:50PM
Arduino *IS* cooperating, most likely. Compiled in values are just ignored if that value is set in thr EEPROM . . . and this is by design . . . Unless you get a hard error, and the upload fails, it's going OK.

Again, do an M503/M500 and see if things don't clear up.

- Tim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login