Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3DR - Tower/probe positions mirrored?

Posted by DragoslaV 
3DR - Tower/probe positions mirrored?
August 14, 2015 07:24PM
I just assembled my modified 3DR, downloaded the latest Marlin firmware and uploaded the modified delta configuration to my arduino mega.

All motors are moving in the right direction (without having to invert them) and the end triggers are working perfect, so homing works. Moving the probe from the end triggers to Z0 also works.

However it seems the probe positions are mirrored. I double checked if I have the Y-tower on the right-front, the X-tower on the left-front and the Z-tower in the back.

If I calculate the X-tower positions with "x = cos(210) * 80" and "y = sin(210) * 80" the probe moves on the bottom picture to the L(eft) position and the opposite for the Y-tower. The Z-tower axis is also mirrored so the probe moves to the F(ront) position rather then to the Z position.

Did the orientation/math changed? or am I missing something completely else?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2015 07:28PM by DragoslaV.
Re: 3DR - Tower/probe positions mirrored?
August 15, 2015 09:02AM
okay a new fresh day and lesson learned; don't be lazy and use the Google search calculator (or if you do then transform radians into degrees). Now if you don't mind me, I'm going to stand for a bit in the shame corner with my calculator grinning smiley

I still don't know why I thought the Z-axis was mirrored, maybe it was, but it was fixed after I swapped around the drivers with some backup ones this morning?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2015 09:04AM by DragoslaV.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login