Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lifting corner?

Posted by DjDemonD 
Lifting corner?
August 29, 2015 07:26AM
Does anyone know why I might be getting one corner a little curled up as in the photo? I am using a thinkprint3d kossel mini, running master brach of Rich Cattells marlin with FSR auto levelling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2015 07:50AM by DjDemonD.
Attachments:
open | download - 2015-08-29 12.46.28.jpg (92.4 KB)
Re: Lifting corner?
August 31, 2015 08:41AM
Have you manually calibrated your machine before enabling auto-level? i.e. have you calibrated the angles of your towers??

If no;
Disable auto-level and calibrate (with this) until you can print something decent. Then enable it back on.

If yes;
You might have some issues with the filament; i.e. you're printing to hot, bad adhesion on build plate or the first layer is to high.
August 31, 2015 08:49AM
Thanks I will try these things I suspect filament as the size is well under and its not the cleanest filament I've come across. I am printing at 185 deg C would you say that could be too hot?
August 31, 2015 09:03AM
No that's not really hot.

But are you really sure the tower angles are calibrated, It really looks like the left top of your print is lower to the build plate then the left bottom and is constantly doing this during the print. (maybe the opposite of your Z tower is to high)

If you take the position from below, the "L", "R" and "F" ones, are those the same in build height as your towers?

Also don't do this with auto-leveling on, if your angles are incorrect then it would only add more confusion to the problem.
September 12, 2015 12:18PM
I am having a similar issue to this with reference to your posted image DragoslaV, My L position seems to be what is my problem how would one go about fixing this could this be a result of my paper XYZO calibration? Because my paper snags correctly for all position however my X position squeezes the paper harder than all my other position would this fraction of a millimeter be whats giving me my problems??
September 12, 2015 02:16PM
Just simply decrease the angle of your Z tower from 90 to 89.5 and check again. If I'm correctly (it's been a while) the L position should be higher and your R position should be lower to your bed. (The F position should be the same)

If your using Marlin you could follow this instructions/print: [www.thingiverse.com]
If your using Repetier (like me) you could just change the angles with EEPROM and do the paper test with the L, R and F positions.
September 12, 2015 05:36PM
i did the Marlin correction as you suggested and im still having the same issue lifting corners on my prints could the heated bed with PLA be the cause of this i use hairspray on a glass with no tape at 70 degrees C
September 12, 2015 06:29PM
Heated bed was the issue No heat needed for PLA in most situations at least for me it seems like thanks for your help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login