Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New RepRapFirmware 1.09i for Duet electronics

Posted by dc42 
New RepRapFirmware 1.09i for Duet electronics
September 02, 2015 02:58PM
I've just released new firmware that provides full support for the Duet 0.85 board, drive remapping, and faster step pulse generation to allow greater movement speed when using 0.9deg/step motors. My delta can now do more than 300mm/sec again. For more details, see [forums.reprap.org].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: New RepRapFirmware 1.09i for Duet electronics
September 05, 2015 04:05PM
I don't know if they are related but the browser control has a bug I keep encountering:
-Pause a print, then cancel.
-Try to re-run the same file and it tries to start where the last print canceled. I have to delete and reload the gcode file to get it to start correctly.
I'm can't guarantee this happens every time, too hard to test it out much.
September 05, 2015 04:17PM
shadowphile
I don't know if they are related but the browser control has a bug I keep encountering:
-Try to re-run the same file and it tries to start where the last print canceled. I have to delete and reload the gcode file to get it to start correctly.

Now this is not a fix to the bug, but doesn't it even suffice to reset the printer instead of delete/reload?
Reset = pressing emergency stop in top left corner.
September 05, 2015 04:34PM
shadowphile

I just tried doing exactly that, and didn't have a problem. The print started from the beginning of the file again, waiting for the hot end to reaching temperature and then printing the skirt. Let me know if you find a way to reproduce it. It might be a good idea to keep an eye on the status reported by the web interface, in case the firmware still thinks the print is paused after you cancel it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2015 04:36PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

September 05, 2015 05:57PM
PS - I just found an occasional issue new to 1.09i with the pause function, not the same symptom that you report but possibly related. I should have it fixed sometime tomorrow, but in the mean time you might want to try version 1.09h.

September 06, 2015 09:27AM
dc42
PS - I just found an occasional issue new to 1.09i with the pause function, not the same symptom that you report but possibly related. I should have it fixed sometime tomorrow, but in the mean time you might want to try version 1.09h.

Fixed in 1.09j, just released.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login