Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Panel Due trouble

Posted by Ace67aod 
Panel Due trouble
October 13, 2015 12:17AM
I am in the middle of my electronics upgrade and everything is going fine however my panel Due is stuck connecting to my printer. The screen works and responds and i have tried all baud rate options + a reset after the save and nothing still are there other problems that can cause the panel Due to not connect. Everything is wired correctly firmware is updated. anyone have this kind of trouble...i am unsure how to edit the actual firmware..
Re: Panel Due trouble
October 13, 2015 03:21AM
Which Duet and PanelDue firmware versions are you running? I suggest you try my 1.09k-dc42 Duet firmware if you haven't already, available at [github.com] (follow the link and then click Raw to download it). Also put a M575 line in your config.g file to set the baud rate etc. for the aux port, see [reprap.org] for details.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
October 14, 2015 12:15AM
Firmware:
PanelDue-4.3-1.09 for paneldue
and your 1.09k-dc42 for duet

Hardware:
T3DP3D

I added the M575 line and set 57600 as my baud rate and saved that same rate on the Panel Due. But still only reading "connecting" and no temp readings
October 14, 2015 03:28AM
Your PanelDue firmware is out of date, but it should still connect.

It sounds like a hardware problem to me, most likely in the cable but possibly in the serial port circuitry of the Duet or the PanelDue. Please check your cable pinout against the pictures showing the two ends of the cable at [miscsolutions.wordpress.com]. If you have a multimeter, check the cable for end-to-end continuity.

You could try connecting Pronterface via the USB port, then send command M111 S1 P3. This will cause the firmware to echo all received gcodes from any source. You should see something like the following about once a second:

aux: N172 M408 S0 R0*42

except for the version of the PanelDue firmware you are using the command will be M105 S2 and the line number after N will always be 0. If you don't see anything like that, then the Duet is not receiving data from the PanelDue. If you do, then the PanelDue is not receiving the response from the Duet.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

October 15, 2015 10:59PM
Fixed the problems the wiring harness had a crossed wire.

Once everything is calibrated is there a specific way to create a macro for the screen I would very much like an option to run the IR calibration... Does the calibration need to be initiated from the slicer/G-code or does it save the settings when you run it from a macro that is created?
October 16, 2015 01:16AM
One more question be how do you adjust where the probing points are because the first 2nd 3rd and 4th probe points all have my probe hanging off the edge and it wont trigger because the sensor is hanging off the edge....or would changing the mounting position help? either way if i changed it there would be some hang off then edge anything i can do to compensate for this?
October 16, 2015 02:24AM
Ace67aod
One more question be how do you adjust where the probing points are because the first 2nd 3rd and 4th probe points all have my probe hanging off the edge and it wont trigger because the sensor is hanging off the edge....or would changing the mounting position help? either way if i changed it there would be some hang off then edge anything i can do to compensate for this?

You can change the probe point's in the BED.G file also re your previous post make a file called say AutoCal.g with a single line in it with the GCODA line for the Autocal routine and then place that file in the MACROS folder on the SD Card in the DUET.

HTH

Doug
October 16, 2015 05:40AM
If you upgrade the PanelDue to latest firmware you will find it has an Auto Cal button next to the homing button and you won't need to create a macro.

See [reprap.org] for information about the bed.g file and how to save the calibration results in config.g.

October 17, 2015 12:19AM
Will Do upgrading firmware now
Thanks for the instructions this will help for the future Doug
October 17, 2015 04:00PM
Is the auto-bed level procedure saved locally after ? or should I include the G code in the slice every time?
October 18, 2015 02:37AM
To save the results of bed calibration, copy the resulting parameters into config.g as described in that wiki page.

I run auto calibration before the first print of the day, after heating the nozzle and the bed to operating temperature. If I didn't, I would still want to use G30 before printing to do a final setting of the Z=0 height. Some people put G32 or G30 in the slicer start gcode.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login