Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

encoder button press problem

Posted by greeryan 
encoder button press problem
December 04, 2015 10:12AM
Hi there, just seeing if anyone know what would cause the following problem. I have a Mega board with ramps 1.4 running the latest Marlin and most recent libraries for a Full graphic Smart Controler. Just doing testing before I hook it all up and I have run across a weird problem. I can get it to load up and run but the encoder press button is havin issues. Every time that I press the button down it beeps twice leaving and returning to the info screen so fast you don't see the menu. I have tried 2 different boards with the controller and have same problem. I tried a direct short over the encoder contacts and still get the same problem. Any help would be appreciated. would this be a firmware issue or in the hard ware?

Thanks!
Re: encoder button press problem
December 04, 2015 11:08AM
It could be the firmware isnt setup to use the board you have.
I remeber i set mines up for the wrong board before and it turn on and display the correct readings but had a constant beep and won't let me change menus.
Change to correct board and all work.

So check that at the end of the config file that the right lcd is put in.
December 04, 2015 12:29PM
I have the #define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER in the config.h and have the newest U8glib.h.
for the main board I have 33 selected
December 05, 2015 04:17AM
You need two thermistors connected to Ramps before firmware allows to navigate through menues.

-Olaf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login