Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

smoothieboard z probe Info needed.

Posted by xile6 
smoothieboard z probe Info needed.
January 07, 2016 10:57PM
I search but couldnt find the info im looking for.

So i ordered a smoothie board since its a 32 bit and alot of people say it works better then the ramps board.

I read that the smoothieboards work with z probes, but what i couldnt find out was setting up deployment and retraction loctaction for the allen type probes.

Is this possible with smoothie?

I would think, id just have to add the moves for the probe into the gcode
before and after the g29.

Any thoughts on this
Re: smoothieboard z probe Info needed.
January 08, 2016 12:36AM
Try asking at [groups.google.com] if you don't get any answers here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2016 12:38AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 08, 2016 09:43AM
Thanx.
I posted there.
January 08, 2016 06:54PM
I saw their answer there. Looks like you will have to manually deploy do your G32 and then manually retract.

I switched to RepRap firmware, but when I was a Smoothie user I didn't see any way to do what you want other than adding to your start g-code in the slicer.
January 09, 2016 06:41AM
His probe is manual, you have to install it manually, and remove it manually, so there is no Gcode there.

If somebody has an automated probe that is deployed via a servo or a selonoid, Smoothie supports that too. It will *indeed* require you to add a gcode to the slicer's start gcode sequence.
January 09, 2016 01:17PM
arthurwolf
His probe is manual, you have to install it manually, and remove it manually, so there is no Gcode there.

If somebody has an automated probe that is deployed via a servo or a selonoid, Smoothie supports that too. It will *indeed* require you to add a gcode to the slicer's start gcode sequence.

Yea the probe now is deployed via firmware where. same thing as the sintron kits

It hits the Z belt to deploy it, probes the bed for levelness. Then once finish it moves tot he right and pushes the allen down on a block to retract it.
I was using a inductive probe but the offset from the hot end is more then i like.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2016 01:18PM by xile6.
January 09, 2016 01:40PM
Oh right, see I did not understand that was what you need from your messages.

If you need to do a custom movement sequence to deploy the probe, you can do this either by setting the sequence in your slicer's settings, or by setting up a switch module ( smoothieware.org/switch ) to map a gcode to that specific gcode sequence.

Cheers.
January 09, 2016 03:37PM
Thanx for the link. It looks like i can add alot of stuff.

Ill probably end up setuping the switch.
From what i read i can turn "G1 X20 Y85 Z30" into G99
Then my retraction to G100

And simply input that into my gcode.
So
G28
G99
G29
G100

Then normal codes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login