Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kossel Y-axis homes weirdly after a print

Posted by Wiireless 
Kossel Y-axis homes weirdly after a print
January 09, 2016 01:17PM
Hi there, I am currently building a kossel as my first reprap project. However so far I am having many issues with the stepper motors. One of it is this, whereby when the printer homes, the X and Y axis will move up to the top first before the Y axis and sometimes it would just Jam in the middle. Only by pressing the home button again will the Y-axis move back to its homing position. Here is a video to show the problem. I tried interchanging the stepper drivers but the issue still persists in the same motor. Also, I realised that if I were to move the hotend up in the z-position by a certain distance (10+mm), the printer would most of the time home correctly.
Anyone run into this isssue before? Thanks for any help that i can get! smiling smiley
Re: Kossel Y-axis homes weirdly after a print
January 09, 2016 04:26PM
Look into the firmware and see of the step pre mm are all the same for all axis

Make sure they all home the same way also
January 09, 2016 11:17PM
Hi, thanks for the reply.
Yes the steps per mm for all 3 axises are 100
This is an occasional problem that happens more regularly then not.
It only started appearing when I tried to print something. Previously when callibration the print bed, there was no such issue and all axis would always home the same way, which is rather weird. Any chance that it could be the motor that is broken?
January 10, 2016 01:05AM
Swap motors and end stops on the board around and see of the problem follows.

So X becomes Y, Y becomes Z, Z becomes X.
Make sure to swap the motor and there endstop on the board.
If the problems follows the swap. Then its possible something could be off.
If the problem stays on the same axis, then its going to be a firmware or caliberation problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login