Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Best Kossel XL or larger kit?

Posted by Qdeathstar 
Re: Best Kossel XL or larger kit?
April 07, 2016 08:19PM
I do not have that skill. I don't really even have the skill to source everything (i mean, i could source everything, but not the time) The advantage of the kit is you do go "Ah shit, forgot to get those m5 t-nuts, i'm one short!!!!!" because in the US you gotta order those online..
April 08, 2016 12:17PM
Its really suck to get metric screw, I live in canada where we use metric but because we live so close to the US we still stuck in a old not accurate system called imperial, even here its really hard to find metric all shop only sell imperial and only a really small selection of metric.

Its kinda weird when you think about it , ask me how tall im am .. Ill answer in feet, ask me the temperature of my pool ill answer in F , ask me the temperature of my room ill answer in C, ask me a distance or measurement of something ill answer in mm/cm/m/km or 6-12 inch if the dimension is close to that. My weight ill answer in Lbs. Have to machine something ? you have to make your design in inch because of the machine shop using US machine, we kinda stuck between 2 world because of the US refusal to go with a better system.
Ish
April 08, 2016 12:26PM
I'm building an XXL Delta printer. Its actually double the height and width of the Folgertech. Basically I have a folgertech kossel and I've sourced longer beams, belts, rods, etc. The Frame is pretty much set with almost all the wiring done. Just waiting on the magnetic effector and rods to top it off.
April 08, 2016 10:46PM
well, personally metric makes more since to me for mm and cm, but after you get into meters feet makes more since. an 8ft ceiling is a lot better than a 2.44m ceiling
April 17, 2016 03:08PM
any one have try this one?

[www.aliexpress.com]?
look nice and price so great smiling bouncing smiley
PRZ
April 17, 2016 04:49PM
Ultibots have a quite good and complete mechanical kit, why didn't you ask them to price a kit without electronics ?
If you use a Duet, as the ultibot is a Kossel derivative, the configuration differences vs other Kossel may be quite limited.

The builda3dprinter.eu kit is with 15mm profiles, quite small for a XL printer, not recommended with that size. And only 8 bits electronic, but you can order without.

Yes, sourcing parts to what you exactly want is tedious, I made a complete BOM and checked that I placed more than 50 orders for the D-Box (enclosed delta). You can place multiple orders on ebay in one go, but you have to search, select and... wait. And also hope the quality of ordered part is not too bad. Kit builder already selected suppliers and may have abandoned the one with poor quality parts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2016 04:51PM by PRZ.

Pierre

- Safety [reprap.org]
- Embedded help system for Duet and RepRap Firmware [forums.reprap.org]
- Enclosed delta printers Lily [rouzeau.net] and Lily Big [rouzeau.net]
- OpenScad delta printer simulator [github.com]
- 3D printing on my site [www.rouzeau.net]
April 17, 2016 09:48PM
I decided on a Rostock max v2' with e3d v6 hotend and bondtech QR.

I will upgrade to duet electronics and ir autoleving when my budget permits.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login