Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Arm length and Traxxas 5347

Posted by terramir 
Arm length and Traxxas 5347
December 01, 2016 12:37AM
Ok I just discovered a screwup on my part, trying to build a Rostock, and well I discovered the original arms are like 250 mm long but from joint center to joint center these will be about 212 mm 180 carbon fiber plus Traxxas 5347 is this for a different printer and how would I have to modify the original design to make this work.
Also how does the arm length effect the printer mechanics, like printable area?
terramir

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2016 12:39AM by terramir.
Re: Arm length and Traxxas 5347
December 01, 2016 01:16AM
Again there plenty of info for arm length on this forum, but I will say it again.

try to be close to 60 degree when the effector is center and 20 degree when reaching the opposite of the tower, get in CAD and figure it out with your specific effector/carrier width and your arm.

BTW delta arm shouldn't not be "about X mm" but a precise length.
December 01, 2016 02:57AM
GroupB

'About' is OK as long as they are exactly about smiling smiley
December 01, 2016 11:31AM
GroupB

Well I will build a rig I do have a prusa, to print parts for a jig.
I have not put the arms together yet, considering actually to go to a hobby shop and get some inner carbon fiber tube 4mm diameter to connect the traxxas joints and just make it the right length with some extending ;-)
but I'll read up on the arm length some more.
But I was hoping someone could tell me instead of base x mm distance(for example 300mm between axis in a triangle you would need to make it 250 and it would effect your printing area like this.
terramir
December 01, 2016 01:20PM
The arm length depends on whether the print bed is entirely inside the horizontals, or if it extends outside the horizontals. The general rule for arm length is that at 60 degrees the effector should be centered and at 20 degrees the effector should be at maximum print size. You just need to use Pythagorean theorem to calculate the desired arm length.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login