Any experince with Titan Extruder and Volcano hotends?
October 27, 2019 08:29PM
Need advice.

I want to print 3mm PLA or PETG with a 2mm nozzle. This won't be on a printer but a robotic arm.

I was thinking of a Titan Extruder "clone", and a Volcano hotend. I have 24v PSU.  Oddly, I can find regular 2mm nozzles for Creality, but only up to 1.2mm for Volcano. I'll keep looking.

So, I don't waste money on the wrong parts, Does the Volcano hotend work with both 1.75mm and 3mm?

I'm guessing i will use (since I have it, a E3D V6 radiator.

Now the titan extruders, do they work with both 1.75 and 3mm?

My main idea going with Volcano, was extra heat to print 2mm nozzle.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm on a budget so these will all be Aliexpress or ebay parts.

This is just a fun experiment seeing how to 3D print with a 5 axis robotic arm.

Thanks

Max

PS (This will be DIRECT drive not Bowden.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2019 08:31PM by disneytoy.
Re: Any experince with Titan Extruder and Volcano hotends?
October 28, 2019 01:03PM
*Anecdotal Evidence Disclaimer*

I have used a Titan extruder and two other printer folks that I know have used the Titan and the universal response to "would I use one again" is: "NO".
The Titan seems to grind up its bearings and has a very short "service life" in our experience.
I wouldn't go there.

I do not know anything about the Titan Aero or Titan Aqua extruders, they may have learned to do something better there.

DLC

Kits: Folgertech Kossel 2020 upgraded E3Dv6, Anet A8 upgraded E3Dv6, Tevo Tarantula enhanced parts and dual-head, TronXY X5SA Pro(E3DHemera).
Scratch: Large bed Cartesian, exchangeable heads, Linear slide Delta, Maker-Beam XL Micro Delta, 220x220CoreXY.
Re: Any experince with Titan Extruder and Volcano hotends?
October 28, 2019 02:30PM
Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login