Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Calibration help strange pattern and rough surface

Posted by theliadir 
Calibration help strange pattern and rough surface
April 11, 2020 03:55PM
Hey everyone

I need help in the calibration of a delta. I changed the rods and I’m setting up a new marlin firmware 1.1.9. (Arduino Mega with Ramps 1.4)

I first calibrated the height, radius and then the 3 towers a, b and c with the paper method as good as possible, by adjusting the endstops. (Using repetier-host)

After that I used this tool : [www.escher3d.com]
I made 6 points around the printing bed. (not too close the the edge)

It gave me some strange suggestions for the height and radius, which I ignored. I just inserted the endstops correction Ex, Ey and Ez and the Angle Correction (Tx, Ty, Tz) directly in the LCD in the printer. I did this twice.

After all that I checked with the paper method if the nozzel is more or less close to the bed which is the case. BUT ...

As you can see I have some strange patterns in my first layer. Furthermore I observed that some lines are printed on each other. So the nozzle moves not enough to the side for the next line. In the areas whith the pattern the printhead was slowed and then suddenly moving faster. I guess it’s because of the existing line/material slowing the nozzle. And the surface of the print is very rough. (rills along the lines).
Attachments:
open | download - 1_1.jpg (982.7 KB)
open | download - 2_3.jpg (282.7 KB)
open | download - 3_1.jpg (265.5 KB)
open | download - 5_1.jpg (332.5 KB)
Re: Calibration help strange pattern and rough surface
April 16, 2020 12:10PM
Looks like over extrusion or too small z-height. That possibly with some unwanted play (printer not rigid enough, play in the joints, carriages, ...).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login