Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

looking for a reprap buddy (ies)

Posted by venomoustoad 
looking for a reprap buddy (ies)
May 09, 2012 03:15AM
Hi,

I am looking for other interested parties in reprap. I am very keen on building one and am very new to this.
I am an ex- engineer who is picking this up as a hobby/ for some free lancing as i see the potential benefits of the printer.

I am looking for some guys who will be keen to meetup and invest 3-4 hours a week to try and build a printer from scratch. Additionally, I think as a combined activity, there is potential for more progress and reduced costs. Let me know if you are keen, no matter what kind of knowledge/ experience you have at the moment. I am a firm believer that if you are keen enough, you can learn anything.

I am keen to for a group of 2-4 people to start reprapping. Please respond to this message if you are keen and we could arrange a meetup.

Cheers,
Kris
Re: looking for a reprap buddy (ies)
May 09, 2012 05:25AM
hi kris,

feel free to come our office at sin ming lane midview city 18 #08-19. we have some meetups once in a while.
i think we shall plan the next one this coming monday.
May 09, 2012 01:05PM
Sounds good, I will keep on the lookout in the forum for the meetups and will try to make it on Monday. In the meanwhile, ppl feel free to contact me through the forum as well.
Hey guys,

I have an Ultimaker smiling smiley Well its based off a reprap. When's the next meetup?
May 12, 2012 01:58AM
this coming monday evening. 18 sin ming lane #08-19 midview city. find the cargo lift and come up from the nearest lift or the cargo lift. bring your printers if you want to show something!
May 16, 2012 05:03AM
Hi Kris

Have you started the build. I am interested to build one as soon as some concerns are addressed

1. Local availabilty of the print filament and the cost
2. Quality of the printed part
3. Strength of the printed part
4. Heat resistance of the printed part

I have some question, are you able to embed and electronic part say an light emitting diode inside a printed part.
When is the next meeting.

Regards
Andrew
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login