Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What machine do you have?

Posted by Soon Wei 
What machine do you have?
February 26, 2013 01:27AM
Hi,

I was just wondering what is everyone doing now in SG? And what machine are you guys work with now?
For me, I had a metal/alu Mendel 2yrs back, now an aluminum cube printer- DIY.

Who - machine - Firmware - Software
------ ------------ ------------ -----------------
SW - Alu Mendel (DIY) - 5D - Replicator
SW - Alu Cube (DIY) - Marlin - Repetier-Host
CY - M Max1.5(DIY) - Marlin - pronterface

Cheers,
SW

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2013 07:59PM by Soon Wei.
Re: What machine do you have?
February 27, 2013 05:35AM
hi soon wei, where do you source your material local to build your cube aluminium frame? of-course cheap too or affordable. dreaming to have my own workshop but no space in the house plus complaints from wife. specially metal fabricating need space and tools, metal, rod cutter etc.
February 27, 2013 12:47PM
Soon Wei,

Wow cube aluminium frame, so did you case up the printer for better heat management?
Running a x-y bed or extruder?

I am running a mendelmax 1.5. Took down my romscraj durbie for the electronic parts and port some of their design for mendelmax such as their x-axis and single motor z-axis.

CY MMax1.5(DIY) Marlin pronterface

Currently trying to solve my bowden issues.

After that,
1) rostock (not possible if i can't solve the bowden issue)
2) portable aluminium extrusion (Foldarap with a redesign for the bed to minimise the foot space ( imagine a "P" rotated 90 degrees clockwise, so i can have close to half of the bed floating outside the frame)
3) a cube printer with frame ----> aiming for ABS print and nylon, have not tried the material though.

The only issue i have is time due to commitment such as work, my beloved fiancee and a lack of focus + procrastination haha.

ni9ghfury,

Hows your progress so far? Still no smooth rods? then try salvaging from some unwanted printers/scanners.

I got my 20 x 20 extrusion at 6.1m + free cuttfing for $18 locally,
This is the best lobang i find locally for frames. I was offered half the length and close to twice the length at a corner shop at lavender area plus he wont cut for me.

But for the t-slot nuts is quite ex though, mainly i did not find time to source for a cheaper alternative/place. 50 pcs for $25-28?? (bought from ys screws)

You can try this webby for the extrusion and the t-slot nuts.
[www.prestech.com.sg]
A metal store uncle recommend to me. I havent call to check yet though.

Go spend some time walking at the industrial areas. you might find some treasures.
February 27, 2013 07:53PM
Hi Congyan,

Yet to have time to case up the cube. I design mine a year a go but ended the xy axis on the bed which will move out of the cube. Was trouble with xy axis extruder design and decided to move on with current design.

CY: The only issue i have is time due to commitment such as work, my beloved fiancee and a lack of focus + procrastination haha.
SW: I think that is how Singaporean life goes, sad to say..... but back to 3D printer. cool smiley

Just to share, I think most of you that I have meet know my story; sort of like CY, in and out of work, part time project, family commitment then back to reprap. I came back to finish my printer early this year after a few months break last year.

Some technical stuff to share, I am using a worm gear design on the extruder. Thinking it would be smaller but turn out to be not a big difference in size.

If you guys keen, can come over my place to have a chat over thing to work/play with.

Cheers,
SW
February 28, 2013 03:46AM
Think I mentioned this before. I'm running a modified ORD Bot
[arkangel.mechaworks.org]

Software-wise, Marlin and Pronterface
February 28, 2013 10:34PM
hi congyan,

thanks for the link. i have not be actively sourcing materials, been busy the whole week. last i did was to email romscraj but never hear back from him. sad smiley

but will continue searching soon.

/m

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2013 10:25AM by ni9htfury.
March 02, 2013 02:52AM
hi folks,

just heard from melvin that we were MIA for a while. was actually very busy producing printers and shipping them all over the world. SW, you want me to list down Who - machine - Firmware - Software ?

KP
March 02, 2013 05:55AM
Your model u r sell is good. who - romscraj if you want .spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2013 05:56AM by Soon Wei.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login