Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hello! Self intro

Posted by giveanothershot 
Hello! Self intro
March 28, 2013 04:53AM
Hi,

I just got to know about 3D printing a couple of months ago and bought myself a self-assembled Airwolf3D (it's so hard to assemble and calibrate it properly!!).

Just curious about what printers do you guys use and how are your prints? Best if you have photos to show off to me!

(I'm a Singaporean too, btw)

Al
Re: Hello! Self intro
April 01, 2013 01:07AM
Bought a mendel90 pre-soldered from nophead, took me about 18 hours in total to fix, another 2 hours to calibrate. Now I can do it in 15 mins but lol, I hate calibration. Not much prints to show off though.

[www.facebook.com]

Assembling another i2 now, waiting for the hobbed bolt, I can't seem to get my machining guys to replicate it without a decent m3 tap.

Just curious, which airwolf model did you get? And why did you decide to get an airwolf?
April 01, 2013 04:14AM
Hi,

1 of my thread : What machine do you have?

Who - machine - Firmware - Software
------ ------------ ------------ -----------------
SW - Alu Mendel (DIY) - 5D - Replicator
SW - Alu Cube (DIY) - Marlin - Repetier-Host
CY - M Max1.5(DIY) - Marlin - pronterface

[simplyengtech.blogspot.sg]

Cheers,
SW
April 01, 2013 04:47AM
Hi may I know how you got parts for this? This is in aluminium?

[s185.photobucket.com]
April 01, 2013 05:08AM
I made all the parts from scrap metal/alu. smoking smiley
Drill and cut with a miller. This was done/completed in Nov 2010.
April 02, 2013 01:55AM
Wah tok kong man!

What kind of wires did you use to wire the heatbed? I dunno what to look for locally, go to hardware shop and ask for what type of wire?
April 02, 2013 09:27AM
NiCr. if u mean heating element. - Sim Lim Tower
Wire, just normal for me, but might melt when too hot.(so far so good) fiberglass sleeves shield well below est 150 Deg C.
April 03, 2013 02:34AM
Hi Kenshinjeff!

Wow! 18 hours is impressive! I took a few days to build mine and forever to calibrate it (I still can't print pass the first layer for most prints).

Nice yoda there.

OK, Kenshinjeff and Soon wei, you guys are the whizzes!

My is a AW3D V.5. I thought I can learn better by assembling it myself (I have no engineering background) but kinda stuck now. To be honest, I did not read up enough on all the reprap's available before purchasing. I just want to start printing properly now.
April 05, 2013 09:54PM
The yoda looks horrible IRL to be honest lol. Still have alootttt of things to learn man.

18 hours is split into 3-4 days lah lol. I hear airwolf support is really good. And to be honest, assembling by yourself is still a good choice in my opinion.
April 06, 2013 02:36AM
Totally agree. I learnt alot from self assembly. Time is a big problem for us, working pple, alway time shortage & my printer building is almost stopping due to job commitments.
April 06, 2013 07:13AM
Hi guys, perhaps you guys can help me. I have been unsuccessful with most prints. I faced many issues:

1) first layer does not stick to the heat bed (I tried applying acetone with dissolved abs on the heat bed. But the problem still recurred.)
2) some corners of the prints will rise/curl up.
- sometimes this caused the nozzle to be printing over the air as the lower layer curled inwards.

Do you guys have any idea how I can resolve these issues?
April 06, 2013 08:47AM
Need higher temperature. this will solve 2).(warp). I believe 1) should be ok with higher temp too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login