Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outLooking for trashed parts.

Posted by TianChang 
spinning smiley sticking its tongue outLooking for trashed parts.
February 22, 2010 08:58AM
Hi guys,

I am a first year mechanical engineering student and I've managed to get a research institute's interest in RepRap. They do a lot of projects that require customized parts and I saw the kind of help RepRap would be for them.

They've officially asked me to do a presentation for them so that they know there're dispensing funds for something that they'll use. So yes, I may get to build a RepRap at their expense. =)

As part of my strategy, I would need some sample parts made from a RepRap. I hope to be able to obtain RepRapped parts made from poly-lactic acid, HDPE and ABS.

Hence, I would like to ask if any one here has trash RepRap parts lying around in dis-use? It could be something you printed wrongly or the printer went hay-wire. I live in Singapore and I will pay for the shipping of the part to Singapore, on top of any other costs you would like from me for the trash part itself.

Thank you very much.

Tian Chang
sar.021@gmail.com
Mobile: +65 9.1.5.1.4.0.3.0
Re: spinning smiley sticking its tongue outLooking for trashed parts.
February 23, 2010 06:10PM
How about these? I have tons of failed parts. smiling smiley Mostly PLA, but there's a few ABS parts in there as well.

Looks like it'll be about $14 to ship em in an envelope pack, but that'll take at least a week. Faster is more expensive.

Let me know what you think - sent you an email too.

Wade

February 23, 2010 06:23PM
Let me know if you want a Singapore RepRap User Group.

Also, I'd suggest paying Wade to print you one of these:
[objects.reprap.org]

(paypal, etc.)
Then you've got a part in your hands that you can use.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
February 23, 2010 07:10PM
Hi Sebastien,

There's quite a lively geek/builder community down. I believe as long as I can get one started, get awareness out, more will come. =)

I wont' be lone ranger here for long I hope.

Tian Chang.

*Wade, I replied your email.*
February 23, 2010 07:19PM
Tian Chang, here's a guy:
[dev.forums.reprap.org]

Say the word and I'll create Singapore-RUG, and announce it on the front page with a half-dozen other new RUGs in a week or so.

Then you may discover a half-dozen people over there with working Mendels. Or a few dozen people who want to make them.
March 05, 2010 06:14AM
Thanks to Wades, i now have the trash parts in my hands.

Testament to the strength of RepRap community support.
December 21, 2011 05:30AM
let us know if u still require trashed parts.. we are in sg
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login