Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

soooo close.

Posted by ZachHoeken 
soooo close.
April 28, 2007 04:59PM
i made some good progress today. i finally got sdcc to compile, and therefore got the firmware to compile!! i also got gpicp compiled and running. so, the next step was to program the firmware and get it ready for action in my universal board.

unfortunately the olimex programmer i have doesnt want to work with gpicp. the website recommends using ICProg on windows. i dont have windows installed on my box at home, so i'll try to swing by my office tomorrow to attempt to program some chips.

in the meantime, i guess i will be going over the production boards with a fine toothed comb, get all the connectors setup properly, make sure everything is labeled, and just generally clean as much house as possible. hopefully tomorrow i can get the chips programmed, then on monday i should be able to run the reprap control software.

from there i should be able to test the boards, and if that goes well then its off to production. i really would've liked to get them out the door a week ago, but sometimes life doesnt work out like you want it to. i am happy that i made this much progress today.

at least i have 1/3 of the required things for a reprap release: firmware.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login