Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SVN Maintenance Stuff

Posted by ZachHoeken 
SVN Maintenance Stuff
July 14, 2007 05:57PM
Hey all,

I did some tidying and maintenance on the RepRap subversion repository. Heres a list of changes that were made:

1. remove my old electronics stuff from my user directory
2. removed STL files from mechanics stuff
3. created tag folders and tags for all current releases.

the tag stuff was the most major. basically the way tags are supposed to work is that you take a snapshop of that portion of the repository at that release and put it into the tags directory. for host and firmware, there is only one part that gets released, so those directories will contain the tags directly (eg. tags/host/0.8.1). for mechanics and electronics, each module has its own versions, so the module directory itself contains the tags. (eg. tags/electronics/universal-controller/1.2.1)

since its pretty insane to try and go back and tag previous releases, i just started with our most current versions. if anyone has any issues with the revision numbers i chose, please let me know. electronics and host software are already chosen, but i went with 1.0 for firmware, 1.0 for thermoplast extruder, and 0.9 for cartesian bot (although theres nothing there!!!)

creating a tag is very easy, you simply copy the directory there with subversion:

svn cp trunk/reprap/host/ tags/host/0.8.1
svn cp trunk/reprap/mechanics/polymer-extruder/ tags/mechanics/polymer-extruder/1.0
svn cp trunk/reprap/electronics/opto-endstop/ tags/electronics/opto-endstop/1.0.1

in the future, either create the tag yourself when you make a release (real release, not test release) or ping me and i can create it. thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login