Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

folding portable printer

Posted by mbhassan 
folding portable printer
May 08, 2012 05:55AM
I'm posting about this in all relevant forums, hope that doesn't annoy anyone

I'm working on a folding printer, and launched a campaign to help with the development costs on indiegogo

[www.indiegogo.com]

sorry about the short video, I'm working on that, check the gallery section for a couple more short videos

I haven't yet edited the wiki page, obviously it will be here [reprap.org] , it seems building something is much easier than talking about it, at least that is the case with me

here are the new concepts in my design:
  • H-Bot: single open-belt mechanism for the XY axis
  • Scissor lift: for lifting the printing mechanism ( Z-axis )
  • Twin Nozzle Extruder: a dual hot end single-motor extruder, possibly will use DC motor with magnetic encoder to keep it small as possible
  • considering battery powered
  • considering advanced controller with integrated STL file processing ( slicing and GCode generation )

BTW: some or all of these concepts might have been suggested before on the forums, but as far as I know they are not implemented yet in any design

it's still work in progress, let me know what you think and any feedback is much appreciated, if you like the idea please consider contributing to the campaign or pass the link to who might be interested

thanks
VDX
Re: folding portable printer
May 08, 2012 06:34AM
... better avoid multi-postings to the same object.

As most users clicks only on the 'new post'-flagged threads, they will be irritated/annoyed to read the same post in many forums.

Select one specific forum for your thread and I'll move the other similar threads there, so all the answers were together ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login