Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Software to control the motors

Posted by i02fesea 
Software to control the motors
November 13, 2013 07:16AM
Hi everyone,

I am doing some research using the motors from my 3D printer and I would like to use a simple software that allows me to move the motors in different directions (I guess it is implemented sending some G-Codes to the RAMP). Is there any C/C++ software that I can use and modify to do this? I am new with 3D printers, so maybe it is a very simple question, but just in case, it would be good to get the opinion from the experts.

Thanks for any help
Re: Software to control the motors
November 13, 2013 12:10PM
I believe that pronterface includes a utility that allows you to enter commands directly from the keyboard. It might even support small script files - I'm not too familiar with it, but I did notice it in the directory.
November 13, 2013 02:45PM
You can use the arduino board along with some stepper drivers like A4988 to run the motors using the C in your arduino.
November 14, 2013 04:59AM
Thanks for both of your replies. I am going to check both of your approaches, but I was just wondering if it is possible to create the G-Codes and to control the motors using Sprinter software too. It is written in C++, so it would be easier to modify if I can use it for this purpose.
November 14, 2013 08:15PM
Arduino uses C programming as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login