Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer not running, says thermistor error, but thermistors are working

Posted by Glentved 
Printer not running, says thermistor error, but thermistors are working
November 10, 2014 04:01AM
Hi all
I am trying to get my newly build delta printer up and running.
I can not find out why it is not working.
I use Arduino Mega + Ramps 1.4, repitier firmware and repitier-host.

I get the error
Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)

Thermistor for heatbed is working, it shows correct temperature in repetier host. The termistor is not short circuited to anything.
Thermistor for extruder is working, it shows correct temperature in repetier host. The termistor is not short circuited to anything.

I can manually turn on heatbed, temperature rises and shows correct value in repitier host
I can manually heat extruder, temperature rises and shows correct value in repitier host.

The ramps has an thermistor input for extruder 2. I have attached a resistor here at about same value as the other 2 thermistor resistors value.

I have tried with marlin firmware, I get the same error. So it must be a basic hardware thing I miss.

Does somebody have an idea of where I should look for the error?
Re: Printer not running, says thermistor error, but thermistors are working
November 10, 2014 09:41PM
It's possible that when everything is moving there is an open circuit (a break in the line) it's common on cables that move back and forth a lot. I had one on a hotend once.

Heat it manually then move the bed and hotend around by hand and watch to see if there is a spike in temperature, also wiggle the wire harness a bit and watch for the same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2014 09:42PM by tmorris9.
Re: Printer not running, says thermistor error, but thermistors are working
November 12, 2014 03:29AM
The problem was in the firmware somewhere.
I solved it by making a new version with the repitier configuration tool.
That tool is great, but it is a bid harder to change the configurations.h afterwards without all the explanation text
input voltage connection
January 20, 2015 01:26AM
hai friends, im new to 3d printing and im having doubts in connectin input voltage.

generaly ramps 1.4 needs, 12-35vdc as input voltages and 11amps, 5amps are need to connect to run ramps1.4 circuit.

my question is what will happen if i connect 24vdc(voltage) and 15A(amps) to the input of ramps1.4....

thank you......smiling smiley
Re: input voltage connection
January 20, 2015 04:26AM
The voltage you feed to the board is the voltage that the heated bed and hot end heater get. So check what voltage they need. Most heated beds are designed for 12V and draw abour 10A. Hot end heaters are commonly 12V 40W. So unless you have sourced parts designed for 24V, you should use a 12V supply.

Also some RAMPS boards use 16V capacitors and so can't be used with much more than 12V anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2015 04:28AM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: input voltage connection
January 21, 2015 12:30AM
thank you friend, ive founded wat the problem is and im clear about the input voltages and amperes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2015 12:30AM by jeeva djiva.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login