Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

cnc control by reprap1.4 and repetier

Posted by terzyans 
cnc control by reprap1.4 and repetier
February 08, 2015 05:49PM
Hi guys,
I am new to 3d printing, but I have used cnc a while now. Recently I decided to try to use my diy small cnc
as a 3d printer. My original cnc has three axes drawn by NEMA17 steppers and drivers based on Allegro A3977 chip. The software I use is USBCNC with corresponding diy controller. Everything works very well. In order to convert it to a 3d printer I recently added a 4 axes and RAMPS1_4 board of my own design, together with Arduino Mega2560.I changed the configuration.h and pins.h files to correspond to my board and uploaded sprinter firmware into arduino,. As a host software I used Repetier_Host. Before connecting to motor drives I checked it by connecting LEDs to to step motor driver outputs and it worked. They I connected the x driver output to my cnc-s x-driver and tried to move the axes by manual control. My steper moves very slow and for very short distance. Instead of 50mm it moves only 5 or so. In the config file I gave the values for unit/min parameter the ones that I had in my CNC. I increased that number 10 times. But it seems nothing changed or almost noting changed.
Then I increased these numbers for another 100 fold and again no or very little change. I tested drivers for all motors and three outputs and results are similar. I can not increase the speed of movement and distance it moves. It seems to me that I Have something wrong in my config file. Attached are configuration.h and pin.h files.
Thanks, Simon
Attachments:
open | download - pins.h (14.5 KB)
open | download - Configuration.h (7.7 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login