Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Full Graphics Smart Controller to RADDS

Posted by amigob 
Re: Full Graphics Smart Controller to RADDS
August 04, 2016 09:57PM
amigob
Found some problems, on EXP1 LCD5 and 7 need to be swapped, and I need to change the ui.h file from Repetier firmware.
Test will be done this weekend.
I hope that they will add it to the Repretier firmware else we need to make a fork and sync constantly the updates.

What were the changes you made to ui.h and changes were made to stop the double jump on the encoder?

Made my own cable, trying to get this to work.
August 05, 2016 06:09AM
Check this: [github.com]
August 05, 2016 11:03PM
Nandox7

The link above is not for the RepRap discount graphics controller.
August 05, 2016 11:11PM
Eddiie
amigob
Found some problems, on EXP1 LCD5 and 7 need to be swapped, and I need to change the ui.h file from Repetier firmware.
Test will be done this weekend.
I hope that they will add it to the Repretier firmware else we need to make a fork and sync constantly the updates.

What were the changes you made to ui.h and changes were made to stop the double jump on the encoder?

Made my own cable, trying to get this to work.

So, through trial and error I can confirm problems are with cable length......

Still, not 100% there, though.

Through trial and error, I get this display to work by setting feature controller to 1 in configuration.h. With this setting display works !!! but encoder does not.
Through trial and error, I get encoder to work by setting feature controller to 7 in configuration.h . Encoder works!!! Display does not.

I also made edits to uiconfig.h - from this post since the pins seems to be correct -

[forum.repetier.com]

It is further down now than 193, more like 200 or something...

When my head clears, I will try to figure out how to get encoder to work with feature controller set to 1.

Yea me!

Then SD card....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2016 11:11PM by Eddiie.
August 06, 2016 02:05PM
I must have tried 30 different combinations of various pins and am unable to get the encoder to work. There must be more to the config than setting ENC_A, ENC_B, and ENC_P?

Where does one find where the FEATURE_CONTROLLER is defined to see what the difference is between encoder pins for feature controller 1 vs feature controller 7?

"The data that you have submitted to the server have been rejected, because it looks like they were posted by an automated bot."

No, I a m not an automated bot, although feel like one sometimes.
August 06, 2016 03:41PM
Eddiie
Nandox7

It works fine for mine with Repetier and it shows a RepRap Discount LCD in the bottom photo in that link.
August 07, 2016 12:36AM
stephenrc
Eddiie
Nandox7

It works fine for mine with Repetier and it shows a RepRap Discount LCD in the bottom photo in that link.

Sorry about that, I take a second look and it is exactly what I am working with.

I follow your directions, but get compile errors on these 2 lines -

UI_KEYS_INIT_CLICKENCODER_LOW(50,52); // click encoder on pins 50 and 52. Phase is connected with gnd for signals.
UI_KEYS_INIT_BUTTON_LOW(48); // push button, connects gnd to pin

"expected constructor , destructor, or type conversion before '(' token"

I will try re-downloading firmware.
August 07, 2016 01:14AM
new firmware
new configuration.h, reapply changes as outlined.

same errors noted below.

New config file reset FEATURE_CONTROLLER to 7. Again, with this setting, encoder seems to work (beeps are heard), but no display.
New config file FEATURE_CONTROLLER to UICONFIG_CONTROLLER makes errors below unless I comment the lines out. I get display but no keys sad smiley -

I also had to add a few #undef 's to reset the new definitions as outlined in the instructions.

In file included from sketch\Repetier.h:539:0,

from sketch\BedLeveling.cpp:107:

HAL.h:168: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token

#define SET_INPUT(pin) pmc_enable_periph_clk(g_APinDescription[pin].ulPeripheralId); \

^

sketch\ui.h:333:50: note: in expansion of macro 'SET_INPUT'

#define UI_KEYS_INIT_CLICKENCODER_LOW(pinA,pincool smiley SET_INPUT(pinA);SET_INPUT(pincool smiley; PULLUP(pinA,HIGH);PULLUP(pinB,HIGH);

^

sketch\uiconfig.h:234:6: note: in expansion of macro 'UI_KEYS_INIT_CLICKENCODER_LOW'

UI_KEYS_INIT_CLICKENCODER_LOW(50,52); // click encoder on pins 50 and 52. Phase is connected with gnd for signals.

^

HAL.h:169: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token

PIO_Configure(g_APinDescription[pin].pPort, PIO_INPUT, g_APinDescription[pin].ulPin, 0)

^

sketch\ui.h:333:50: note: in expansion of macro 'SET_INPUT'

#define UI_KEYS_INIT_CLICKENCODER_LOW(pinA,pincool smiley SET_INPUT(pinA);SET_INPUT(pincool smiley; PULLUP(pinA,HIGH);PULLUP(pinB,HIGH);

^

sketch\uiconfig.h:234:6: note: in expansion of macro 'UI_KEYS_INIT_CLICKENCODER_LOW'

^

HAL.h:168: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token

#define SET_INPUT(pin) pmc_enable_periph_clk(g_APinDescription[pin].ulPeripheralId); \

^

sketch\ui.h:333:66: note: in expansion of macro 'SET_INPUT'

^

^

HAL.h:169: error: expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token

PIO_Configure(g_APinDescription[pin].pPort, PIO_INPUT, g_APinDescription[pin].ulPin, 0)

^

sketch\ui.h:333:66: note: in expansion of macro 'SET_INPUT'

^

^

HAL.h:145: error: expected unqualified-id before '{' token

#define PULLUP(IO,v) {pinMode(IO, (v!=LOW ? INPUT_PULLUP : INPUT)); }

^

sketch\ui.h:333:83: note: in expansion of macro 'PULLUP'

^

^

^

sketch\ui.h:333:101: note: in expansion of macro 'PULLUP'

^

^

^

sketch\ui.h:334:38: note: in expansion of macro 'SET_INPUT'

#define UI_KEYS_INIT_BUTTON_LOW(pin) SET_INPUT(pin);PULLUP(pin,HIGH);

^

sketch\uiconfig.h:235:6: note: in expansion of macro 'UI_KEYS_INIT_BUTTON_LOW'

^

^

sketch\ui.h:334:38: note: in expansion of macro 'SET_INPUT'

^

^

^

sketch\ui.h:334:53: note: in expansion of macro 'PULLUP'

^

^

exit status 1
expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '(' token

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2016 07:28PM by Eddiie.
August 07, 2016 01:39AM
Also, Step 1 says Edit uconfig.h there is no uconfig.h, I assume it is uiconfig.h ?
August 07, 2016 12:03PM
uiconfig.h is the one you want. The one I used is attached. I didn't connect the SD on the LCD since there is one already on the RADDS. I'm currently not using my RADDS since I got a Duet085 & a PanelDue.
Attachments:
open | download - uiconfig.h (18.4 KB)
August 07, 2016 03:16PM
I think the code has changed, making steps not work.
August 08, 2016 07:29PM
I give up on this.
Moving to duet.
August 09, 2016 12:13PM
A PanelDue will work on the RADDS if you use RepRapFirmware at [github.com]
September 25, 2018 03:54PM
I am also interested in that board.. Does anybody have the gerber files?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login