Regards
shoufeng
Re: request a forum for Southampton, UK
December 04, 2010 07:51AM
Forum created. smiling bouncing smiley

We've also got a wiki page for the RUG here:
http://reprap.org/wiki/RUG/UK/Southampton
You'll want to edit it, I imagine.

Also, since everyone with a reprap is probably a developer, I'd be honored if you join us in the reprap-dev mailing list as well,

Let me know if there's anything else you need. And please do up a fun, beautiful, or useful project in the wiki. smileys with beer

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
Dear Sebastien

Thank you very much for the forum!

regards
Shoufeng
Re: request a forum for Southampton, UK
March 17, 2011 07:35AM
I am completely new to 3D printing and can't believe I have only just stumbled on the subject.
I am basically a mechanical person with a fair knowledge of electrical wiring but ....not good at electronics and linking via a USB.
It so happens that I am just about finished building a home made 4 axis CNC machine for light model making work.
The only electrical parts so far fitted are the Astrosyn MY103H702 Stepper motors and the N/C travel limit switches. None of the electronics have been started and frankly, I have been psychologically avoiding it because of my ignorance and there seems to be a black hole of information surrounding the subject. I suspect it's all out there but the buzz words and assumption that everyone knows it leaves me blank. I understand and can work from block diagrams and/or schematics.

I have an Aduino mega 1028 board and an AT power supply that I deduced, from what I've read, will be needed somewhere and lots of pointers to software, none seem to be usable on a iMac Snow Leopard.

I am therefor, in desperate need of HELP with, first, what it is I need and second, what it does and how it all goes together.

PLEASE !! can anyone get me started?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login