Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

lcd discount smart controler

Posted by lucindrea 
lcd discount smart controler
August 04, 2013 12:24AM
so i got one of these guys lcd and i uncommented the
#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER
line in the newest mendal (wiki says you need to change pins in pins.h but it's allready done , that and the line numbers in the firmwarwe dont match so i'm assuming the wiki is outdated or firmware a bit newer ) and upon powercycling the printer i do get stuff on the lcd screen and spinning the knob makes the text change .. unfortunaly , the text is garbage .. (see image) ..
I'm going to check all my solder connections and the cables when i get home (at work) but right now i'm just curious if anyone as seen simalir garbage and if it could be a firmware issue and not a hardware issue.

anyway , thanks for any help you guys can provide.

direct image link
[www.lucindrea.com]

Re: lcd discount smart controler
August 05, 2013 03:33PM
I haven't used this lcd but I wonder if it has something to do with the language folder?

--------------| For Everything |--------------------------
Check it out here:
[reprapsquad.wordpress.com].
---------| For Everything Prototype Related |------
Now featuring comp case mods:
[RepRapLab.wordpress.com]

--------------| Find us at Twitter|------------------------
@REPRAPSQUAD (RS Main)
[mobile.twitter.com]
@REPRAPSQUADHQ (ProtoLab)
[mobile.twitter.com]
Re: lcd discount smart controler
August 05, 2013 11:58PM
ya i was thinking the same (lang) but it "seems" setup correctly in marlin .. will need to poke a bit more ..

also of note - the sd card never inits properly (not the one on the lcd , but on the sd mini card that plugs into the aux pins on the ramps) , so i'm really starting to lean twords somthing wrong with the solder joints somewhere
this is from language.h

// Languages
// 1 English
// 2 Polish
// 3 French
// 4 German
// 5 Spanish
// 6 Russian
// 7 Italian
// 8 Portuguese
// 9 Finnish

#ifndef LANGUAGE_CHOICE
#define LANGUAGE_CHOICE 1 // Pick your language from the list above
#endif

and it looks good as a few lines down are all the commands

#if LANGUAGE_CHOICE == 1

// LCD Menu Messages
#define WELCOME_MSG MACHINE_NAME " Ready."
#define MSG_SD_INSERTED "Card inserted"
#define MSG_SD_REMOVED "Card removed"

etc......

i havent had a chance to look at the solder points yet as i've been adjusting and upgrading the printer the past few days during the few hours between work ( i work 3 12's and a 6 - one more day till my friday heh) mainly a new X carage (fand holders) and another bearing holder (my bed should have 4 but i only had 3 plastic holders) also as the machine is newly built i have wires that are too long everywhere ( and a few to short) and i need to clean it up now that i know how everything gets wired up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login