Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mega2560 Rev 3 driver

Posted by Purple Kerbie 
Mega2560 Rev 3 driver
December 05, 2013 07:16PM
Can someone the me what the message
"This device cannot start. (Code 10)"
means when I'm trying to update my driver for the mega2650 rev 3?

Yesterday, I did manage to connect from the com port, flash Marlin, and get the motors to move. Today I can't connect and I don't see the com port in pronterface.
Looking in the device manage I see an exclamation point and the above error message next to my com port.
I tried deleting the comport and starting over but it didn't help.

Is arduino 1.0.5 download the right thing to use. Somewhere I thought I saw we were suppose to use version 0022.

I guess one last thing would be if someone has a link for the complete software setup for a windows 7 computer.

Sorry for all the questions.
Also, I'm not a noobie as I already have on printer running on a winXP. It's been over a year since I set it up and I forgot everything.
Re: Mega2560 Rev 3 driver
December 05, 2013 07:30PM
Driver install and driver signing is something that changes with every version of Windows. It also can change with every driver release. Google "Arduino IDE 1.0.5 Windows 7" and you will get a lot of help on installing the IDE and it's drivers. The message you are seeing is a normal issue with the USB drivers in the more modern versions of Windows.

More or less:

1) Download the latest IDE
2) Download the latest version of Marlin from github
3) Download Pronterface
4) Download Slic3r
5) Do the driver install on the IDE
6) (there may be a driver install for Pronterface as well)
7) Edit configuration.h to match your printer
8) Compile Marlin with the Adruino IDE
9) Upload (flash) Marlin to the hardware

Drivers in Windows are something you have to hassle with, even more so with open source drivers ....

. smileys with beersmileys with beer ... or you could switch to a Mac ....smileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beer
(time to duck and run ....)
December 06, 2013 05:55PM
Some of the clone boards require you to download different drivers and install them. The Taurino is a perfect example. Otherwise similar things like this can happen.

I'd start looking for a Win7 driver where you bought the Arduino. If you have no luck, then start moving further afield.
December 07, 2013 05:59PM
Well I got it figured out. When I mentioned I saw the motors move I didn't realize that they hit an endstop. In addition, I didn't have the endstop connectors properly installed on the ramps board, the trigger disconnect my printer and would not reconnect. So in summary, if you get a code 10 error trying to install the driver, try removing all the hardware connectors.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login