Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with finding connector model for Signstek RAMPS

Posted by bytemedwb 
Help with finding connector model for Signstek RAMPS
April 22, 2014 09:49AM
I picked up a Signstek RAMPS 1.4 board from amazon (http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H1LEMR8/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

It camp with connectors and crimps for the motor connections but I managed to screw them up. (All thumbs).
In any case I am looking to find the correct Digikey or Mouser part numbers but am having no luck.

Attached are pictures.

This is what I get for buying a 3rd party cheap clone since I cant find a web site or anything for the manufacturer.
Any help would be appreciated.

Attached are photos of the connectors.
Attachments:
open | download - 2014-04-22 09.25.04.jpg (398.7 KB)
open | download - 2014-04-22 09.24.36.jpg (460.7 KB)
Re: Help with finding connector model for Signstek RAMPS
April 22, 2014 08:19PM
bytemedwb
This is what I get for buying a 3rd party cheap clone since I cant find a web site or anything for the manufacturer.

You must not have looked too hard, winking smiley since the URL is silk-screened on both boards:

http://learn.makerlab.me/guides/1/articles

I will leave it up to you to translate from Chinese to English via Google or some other service. They even have online support forums.

Compared to the amount of documentation provided by SainSmart with their products (ZERO), I applaud Signstek for trying...even if I don't speak/read the language! I also applaud them for including all of the jumper caps, and showing a bit of quality concern by including a heatsink on the heatbed MOSFET. You won't find a heatsink on RAMPS boards from SainSmart, Geeetech, RioRand, or JMT being sold on Amazon, and probably not coincidentally the forums are full of posts about RAMPS boards with blown MOSFETs.

I just bought this same package over the weekend on a whim (for a second printer that I'm gathering parts for) when I saw the heatsink in the Amazon picture, and it came in today. (I haven't put power to it yet, but I don't see any bad solder joints or red flags so far.) The only thing that I'm not thrilled about is that they used those keyed 0.1" connectors for the steppers instead of the open 0.1" header pins shown in the photos. I guess that I could un-solder the connectors easy enough, or even possibly just take my dikes to the housings since the pin spacing is the same as long as the pins are tall enough. My package did not mention or include these connectors, so you're one step ahead of me if you actually have some. I've just been so beat into acceptance by having to source connectors and jumper caps for my SainSmart Megatronics 2.0 board that I'll go out and find these connectors or modify the board to use regular header pins when I put it into service.....
Re: Help with finding connector model for Signstek RAMPS
May 03, 2014 03:52PM
Thanks for the URL.
It turns out I found the connectors after some working with Digikey.
Here is the housing and pin part numbers:
455-2267-ND Connector
455-1135-1-ND Pins

My connectors are not holding firmly on the endstop pins but that is minor and can be solved.

Also the pots on the stepper drivers have no end points or detents (they turn 360 degrees multiple times) which is annoying but not fatel.

So far everything seems to be working with the exception of the extruder. It seems to stall easily even with no filament in the hot end.
I can adjust the pot to get it to move most of the time but it will still easily stall out. It is a power to the motor problem since with a little
tweek from me it will move again.

I am going to find/source another driver board to see if that makes a difference.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login